November 20, 2009

5 weeks till Christmas

Oh these 12 weeks have just vanished! Is it really only 5 to go???


Tomorrow I am off to Sydney for a day full of stamping fun at our annual regional training day. It is a whole day spent with a wonderful group of fellow Stampin' Up Demonstrators. We get a free stamp set that is as yet unreleased and usually make 3 or 4 projects using it. I always learn something new and have a lovely time catching up with everyone.


An optional feature of the day is swapping cards with each other. You can make as many or few as you want and you come home with lots of great samples from other demonstrators.
Below is the card I have made for this year, I have been busy stamping away and managed to make up 30 of these, so after tomorrow should have 30 different cards in return.







I have used my favourite Christmas paper this year, Ski Slope (only available till Nov 30th) and a strip of real read CS cut using our eyelet border punch. Then I wanted to create something a little different, and use stamps that are not specifically Christmas stamps. The Kiwi Kiss swirly leafy pattern is actually the seaweed image from our Ocean Commotion set. I have stamped this 3 times, using the Stamp-a-ma-jig to position it neatly in three different directions. The small red flower is a small flower from the Always set. Then I just finished it off with a greeting from the Best Yet stamp set from our Level 1 hostess gifts. It was quite a quick card to make in a production line (when you have 30 to make!!!).

Till next week,
Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment