August 9, 2009

Examples of CASEing

I often get asked by my customers about where I get my ideas from and most of the time I have to say that I CASE other people's work!!!! CASE stands for "Copy and selectively edit". So I thought I would show you all some examples of what I mean. The cards below also highlight how one layout can be used over and over again to produce many different cards. Just by changing colours, stamp sets, patterned papers and embellishments, it is amazing what you can come up with.

This first card is a copy staright out of our catalogue, from pg 43 using the "Party hearty" stamp set. I haven't changed anything here.


Then I used this card above as inspiration for the following cards.
Firstly a pretty card for a girl. This uses "A Kind Word" stamp set, "Tea Party" DS paper & "Pink Pirouette Patterns" DS paper. For the flower embellishment I used a combination of a flower from the "Pretties Kit" which I have coloured with Amost Amethyst ink using a sponge dauber, then a pink flower from Flower Fusion Too, then used a "Build a brad" with a small flower cut from the Tea Party DS paper using a 1/2 in circle punch. The stamped image has been coloured using Blender pens and Stampin Pastels.



The next card again uses the same basic layout. I have added a second strip of DS paper but otherwise the card is pretty much the same. Here I have used one of my favourite sets "Always". The matching DS papers for this are the "Sweet Always" set so I have picked 2 of these and then used 3 of the coordinating colours that go with this range for my other elements, ie Choc Chip, Pumpkin Pie and Regal Rose. I just love how all Stampin Up products are designed to coordinate, it makes picking colours so easy! The other main items on this card are the use of the eyelet border punch and circle punches, plus the use of Stampin markers to colour the stamp in before printing it onto the whisper white CS. Isn't that heart image just lovely?



I had fun with this next card. Got to love bling! Again I have kept the layout the same, just used different punches, colours etc. This card uses the "Crazy For Cupcakes" stamp set, "Think Happy Thoughts" and the small present image inside the circle is from "Party Hearty". The colours are Pink Pirouette (one of this years' "In Colours"), Regal Rose and Elegant Eggplant. The bling comes from Tombow glue covered in our Chunky Sprinkles.


O.K so some of you might be thinking but what about a card for a guy?? Well with Father's Day coming around the corner I thought I better do one more example. I'll post this and get that ready.











1 comment:

  1. Ooooh ... love the multi colour heart!!! Very pretty! So nice to catch up again last night, Leanne!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete