August 13, 2009

Finding Inspiration

Hi everyone,
Of all places to find inspiration, I was doing the dishes and water splashed on the floor. I reached for my paper towels to clean it up and voila! I thought how great that would look on a card!!! I know, I know, some people will do anything to get out of housework!

So here is a photo of the "inspiring" paper towel and below that is the card I came up with.



I first stamped the swirl pattern from "Baroque Motifs" repeatedly around a piece of white CS, then ran this through my crimper ( a great tool I might add). I actually ran it through a couple of different directions to try and get the more textured look like the paper towel.
The rest of the card was very easy just adding the ribbon and punched out greeting. Simple but effective. Leave me a comment and tell me what you think.

Happy Stamping,

2 comments:

  1. definitely stamping over dishes any day ... anyone who has seen my kitchen would know that! I think it looks great; love the colours and the stamp set is my favourite. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome technique! Love it Leanne!

    ReplyDelete