October 30, 2009

8 Weeks to Christmas

This week I have a very easy project for you all, making gift card holders. These days you can purchase gift cards just about everywhere and they make a very easy present for those "hard to buy for". Below are two holders I made up in hardly any time at all, which are the sort of projects we need at this busy time of year!


The holders open up by untying the ribbon, and inside is a middle flap where the gift card slides into. You also have plenty of room to write on the inside so it becomes a card as well.


You can find a tutorial for this project (and the place I find a lot of my inspiration) over at Makeesha Byl's blog. A link to her blog is on my side bar. Once at her site if you scroll down you will find "Make it Monday" Tutorials and under this is "Gift Card Holders". There are actually 3 different types, the one I used above is the third tutorial. You will notice that I chose to use Designer series paper etc for my decorations, rather than a Stampin Around Wheel. This meant my entire project was actually Stamp and ink free to make it an even quicker project.

The materials list for my designs are:
Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red & Whisper White.
DS Paper: Ski Slope (from Spring Mini-only available till end of Nov)
Ribbons: Riding Hood Red Taffeta & Kiwi Kiss Satin.
Other: Self Adhesive diecut embellishments from "I wish" Simply Scrappin Kit; Scallop Circle punch; 1 3/8" circle punch; Sticky Strip & Snail Adhesives; paper cutter.

I hope you have enjoyed this week's Christmas project.
Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment